Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 30 - The day my dad drowned the school!

Day 30 now. Woo hoo!

So there is some truth to this story. When I was about six my mother came to my primary school and made sugar mice with us. It's one of my most enduring memories from my childhood. Mostly I think because I was so proud that my mum was doing something at school. It felt like she was really important, not just to me but to others as well. It felt like she was a rock star. Though unlike my story the sugar mice we made never came alive. Mores the pity. So that is where the idea of the story came from I just injected a bit of fantasy to make it more exciting. Plus I liked the idea of it being Florence's hapless, but well meaning father being responsible for trying to make sugar mice.

Anyway this is a short post as its 11.15, my hair is wet and I need to get up at 6am tomorrow. The next four days are going to be a real test of my endurance, speed, creativity, stamina and sanity. Can I get through it? Come back on Monday and find out.

Enjoy

The Imaginary Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment