Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 22 - Caspian the Merboy

So the idea for this little story came about whilst I was in Los Angeles. There was a news report of mermaid sightings off the coast of Greece (believe that if you will). That of course started to germinate in my mind and I thought about a story surrounding a competition to get the first photograph of a mermaid.

Naturally I didn't want the story to be typically cliche so I chose a male character rather than a female one and of course made him a boy. The idea of him being lost seemed to be a natural plot line for the story and allowed me to weave the setting nicely into the story. Those that know me or the area will recognise the place names and the shameful plug of the Anstruther Fish Bar, for which I should be getting commission, or at least a reciprocal link!

Anyway enjoy this self styled cross between 'Splash' and 'ET' (any 80s children out there will understand this!)

The Imaginary Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment