Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 1 - Lucky Lady

Even writing the summary for this story had me in floods. I'm such a sap when it comes to animal stories particularly when the ending isn't quite what you wanted. The idea came to me just as I was going to bed. I have absolutely no idea what the catalyst was, it just popped into my head. A story about a boy and a greyhound. I knew it had to be sad but wanted it to have a relatively happy, non-cliche, ending.

It was tough to write, possibly because I have a dog of my own and imagining his passing was a little difficult emotionally. It also ended up a bit longer than I had anticipated but I felt I needed to establish some depth to Tommy and Lucky Lady so readers could empathise with both.

And a word to the wise. Never write a sad story in the middle of Starbucks. I'm sure some people thought I was either sad or mad when I started weeping as I typed.

Boo hoo! Enjoy

The Imaginery Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment