Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 25 - A slice of Sky

Interestingly the plot for this story came from the title. It doesn't usually work that way round as normally you come up with your title after you've written, or at least that is how it is with me. However, on this ocassion, whilst I was walking the dog yesterday through a fine mist of rain, I noticed a faint rainbow in the sky. As I walked through the trees the line 'a slice of sky' jumped into my head. I liked it but instantly saw the word 'sky' not as a noun but as a name, a person. That got me then thinking about a slice of a person and what that would be. Skin perhaps? Yes, and from there I thought about skin grafts and the whole idea of a gothic horror about a skin graft gone wrong crystalised. I think that premise took me approx sixty seconds to come up with. Maybe my fastest yet, or maybe not actually. I think Rebel with a cause took all of ten seconds. Anyway I liked getting into the nitty gritty of this story and was particularly keen to tell it from the point of view of his friend rather than him. I thought it was a more uncommon angle for story telling and I'm all for doing things outside of the box.

Enjoy

The Imaginary Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment