Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 11 - Lucy's Monsterpiece

This story was born out of a news article on CBBC about James May's (of Top Gear fame) entry in this year's Chelsea Flower Show. He created a garden made entirely out of plasticine and his reason for doing so was because it would never have to be weeded. This got me thinking. I loved the idea of having a plasticine garden as I fondly remember making lots of indescribable and unidentifable things with the stuff as a child, and pondered the idea of a plasticine garden that grew voraciously.

I knew it had to be the idea of a child so I made Lucy my artist and sculptor and set about creating the consequences of what she had created. Of course anything slightly anarchic or fantastic always has to have a bit of a comic spin on it, which I think I achieved subtly. I particularly liked the way she resolved the problem she had created, and those that know me will notice the subtle reference to 'Balamory' at the end.

Enjoy!

The Imaginary Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment