Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 15 - Heroes for hire

I had such a laugh writing this story. I really got into it and although in the planning stages I was struggling to come up with humourous resolutions to the various events when I got to writing it I found the ideas came with ease.

Now, if anyone from the University Library reads this I appologise in advance. You never know when, where or how ideas are going to come to you and the idea for this one came during the staff training session. I promise I was paying attention to the speeches but sadly Superman popped into my mind for a brief visit, or so he said, and the bugger wouldn't leave. So at the end of the training session, at lunchtime, I set to work planning out how I would create this story with superheros and naturally a competition between the most well known was the first thing that came to mind. But I didn't want just any typical, cliche contes. I thought the idea of superheroes competing in challenges that we have at some point in our lives done was a good way of bringing some reality to the story. Of course school sports day was the best canvas on which to work and instantly I had some ideas on how some of those events would pan out. The high jump and long jump ideas though didn't come until I wrote the story, but I'm glad they did because I was getting a little worried my story would end with a bit fat flat climax. I hope it didn't go that way. I certainly liked the ending.

Anyway enjoy!

The Imaginary Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment