Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 58 - 30 seconds and Day 59 - 30 hours

When I wrote this story I had it down right until the moment Izzy left the bookstore with her signed copy of her idol's autobiography. But, and pardon the crudity, when I was sitting on the loo thinking about the next story (yes I think about writing anywhere and everywhere!) I decided that I didn't want to leave this one alone. I felt that there was another tale to tell from the perspective of the popstar. We sadly live in a world where first impressions are all too often how we judge others. We have no time to investigate the whys or wherefores or wonder why people act the way they do and whether that is their true self or not. This is especially true when it comes to those in the public eye as we tend to believe a lot of what we read in the papers. We know it's sensationalist most of the time yet the images and perspectives of the journalists are how we view those people.

I wanted to do a kind of JLo style story here. Remember her video of, I can't remember the song, but it was when she was going out with Ben Affleck and she made that video of random situations that could be totally misconstrued, well this is how I wanted my story to be. I wanted my dreamy eyed groupie to tell her passion and desire to encounter the love of her life, pop star Marc Donovan. I then wanted to explain the hectic and exhausting life of that same pop star.

Day 60 will be The Brief Encounter. Wait and see!

Enjoy both tales

The Imaginary Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment