Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 54 - Paw prints

Did you know that there is a dog that paints? His abstract art works sell for £1000 and are displayed in New York galleries. Who would have thought it. I told my friend this on the weekend and she promptly told me to shove a brush in Jasper's paws and get him to earn his keep(Jasper is my geriatric Retriever). Naturally I didn't, I'm too nice to turn Jasper into a money spinner. Besides he's more liable to eat the brush than paint with it. What I did do is come up with a story about a dog that revives the fortunes of a seaside town on the verge of bankruptcy because of declining tourism. At first the guerilla artist canine (modelled on Banksy but I recinded from calling the dog Pawsy)paints for pleasure, then for profit, then rebels and starts to paint the town-red!

I actually wrote this one in about an hour and a half. I'd just come back from visiting a friend's art exhibit at a local festival (we had lunch afterwards at a bakery. Fisher and Donaldson fudge donuts can't be beaten in my opinion!) and wanted to participate in the Quiz night at my parent's village hall. It's a hotly contest annual event with the prize being a six inch high cup (I did say it was hotly contested, didn't I?). I managed the quiz, although my team lost, sadly. Never mind, there's always next year.

Enjoy

The Imaginary Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment