Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 33 - For the love of the game (part 2 - final part)

For those that live in the Fife area, you'll know that there was no golf today owing to the fact that the wind was so strong today it blew me across Morrisons carpark (with my trolley).

But in spite of that I am posting the rest of my golf story, as promised. I did enjoy writing this one. Golf, as a St Andrean, is integral to my life. Most of my family are involved in some way or other in the golf industry so it was only a matter of time that I'd write a story about it.

The only problem I really had with this one was when I wrote the beginning reflective scene where Mackenzie looks back on a discussion he had with his grandfather. Initially I wrote it as a dialogue but then realised that that wouldn't work and actually jerked the reader from present to past then back to present. So I phrased most of it in prose which I think makes the writing and the reading flow better.

Enjoy

The Imaginary Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment