Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 46 - The envelope

A snap shot in time story. That's what this is. It's a moment that every person on the planet over the age of 16 can relate to. That dreaded moment when the exam results come through your door. I remember it well. Three times at the age of 15, then 16 and my final certificate came at 17. The anguish and torment and being so close to having your life change irreparably.

So I wanted to capture that moment in a story. But I didn't want it to be too introspective, too serious so I decided to put a slightly humorous spin on it by having the neurotic mother bleating in the background.

I probably would have drawn it out a bit further but to be honest, towards the end I came down with serious stomach cramps (which I'm still feeling as I type this blog). So I curtailed it. Perhaps that was the nature order of the story, perhaps fate took a hand and made me keep it short and sweet. You decide. Anyway I'm off to lay down and watch Matrix Reloaded.

Enjoy

The Imaginary Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment