Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 55 - The shamen's curse

I read an article today about a man in the states that has created the world's smallest model railway. This thing is literally the size of you thumb and is carved out of moulded plastic and is powered by a motor that is seemingly available from model stores. His idea was to have a model railway within a model railway. A neat idea, which gave me a neat idea for a bit of a gothic story.

This one centres around Wiley who has just bought a curse model of the village he lives in. But as Wiley starts to act out fictious stories surrounding the village and its residents whilst playing with it, those stories begin to come true. At first the stories are innocent but as the curse of the model village takes control of Wiley they become increasingly sinister and violent.

There is no blood and gore in this as I really wanted to do a gothic middle grade story as I know when I was aged 8 - 12 I loved gothic stories, and still do (read The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole, widely known as the first true gothic story published).

Enjoy

The Imaginary Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment