Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 35 - The jester and the frog

I had no plan with this story. To be perfectly honest. I actually let it come out as I wrote it. I knew I wanted to write a story about a boy who tells lies, but that was all that I had. Then as I sat down in front of my laptop I pondered the idea of a boy that tells lies he thinks are true. That then led me on to a boy who tells the life of someone else that he thinks is his own. Naturally such a connection, I felt, could happen between twins.

Immediately the story started to take shape in my mind. Given the fanciful idea I thought a fantasy land would be the best back drop and one which I could really play up the flamboyant stories the main character Leasere weaves. For anyone interested the names in the story are all derived from Old English. Leasere means jester and Gebroor means brother. I have a love for old english words and felt that they complemented the fantasy element to the story nicely.

Anyway, enjoy

The Imaginary Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment