Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 39 - Not enough nuts!

This is a cute little fable I put together. It's just a short one, but to be honest it's good to scatter a few briefer stories in amongst some meatier stories, especially when you've just written a gothic horror. Who would have thought that squirrels would have succeeded that one!

I was a little concerned that this one may come across as being a bit patronising as i know kids can sniff out a story they feel is talking down to them, which was why I played up the character of Nuts and made him a bit of a loveable lazy squirrel. I'm sure even adults can relate to having the odd lazy, day of procrastination. Although the bottle of wine I had with my pizza might have had something to do with that. I recommend Hardy's Chardonnay. Really nice wine.

For those interested I should be able to give you some more vinery recommendations as I'm at a four hour wine tasting tomorrow. As I said to my friend I better get tomorrow's story written before I go otherwise it'll probably be a story about flying goblins or skateboarding clouds.

Enjoy

The Imaginary Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment