Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 34 - The leopard and the mouse

This is going to be another of my favourite stories. It turned out rather differently from what I at first envisaged. I got the idea from a photograph in a newspaper of an audacious little mouse feasting on a leopard's food whilst the leopard, a female called Sheena, looked on. I knew there was a story there but originally had the leopard as a depressed recluse rather than just a shy one. The more I thought about the story the more I thought Sheena being shy and seemingly without a talent in comparison to the other animals the more I thought the mouse could play a role in bringing her character out and giving her purpose.

I tried to keep the dialogue deliberately simple and snappy and kept the involvement of the crowd to a minimum as I didn't want to draw away from the conversation between the mouse and the leopard too much. I thought it would make the story too jerky. You make think differently. I'll leave it up to you.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed writing it.

The Imaginary Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment