Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 63 - Shooting the moon

I was thinking about this story whilst I took my dog out one evening and noticed just how bright and low the moon was in the sky and it occured to me that finding a huge stash of Saxon gold in the middle of a ploughed field was about as likely as being able to shoot the moon. Although I had only just started writing the story I knew I now had my title. Oh well, three words down, a thousand or so more to go!

This project is funny in the way that is eeks out your strengths and weaknesses. I guess I'm not that hot on contemporary adventure. Or maybe it's not that. Maybe I just haven't found the right adventure story to showcase my talents at writing it. Whatever the reason, I wasn't totally convinced by this story. I was finding the structure and plot a little clunky. Yes I am now going to be brutally honest with you and everyone else who cares enough to read this blog. I feel I owe it to myself and to other aspiring writers like me to tell it like it is, or in the immortal words of Ali G 'keepin it real'.

Enjoy

The Imaginary Scrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment