Saturday, May 2, 2009

Meaning behind the name! (part 1)

In case anyone is curious as to the meaning of my blog url, here's the story.

When I lived in the richly multi-cultural enclave of North London, before they erected an 8 foot fence on the central reservation of the North Circular Road, I was a flamboyant, adventurous and fanciful child (sadly that diminished when I stepped out of Lewis's Wardrobe and into the 'real work-a-day world!'). As such I was fearless enough to perform in many school theatrical productions, one of which earned me the moniker of 'witch', owing to my memorable performance of the Wicked Witch in Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (a performance my mother claimed was entirely natural and required no particular stretch of my acting ability). But the performance that sticks in my memory is when we did cabaret acts. I distinctly remember singing, with two of my fellow school friends, the song 'Side by Side' (a song written in the 20's and covered more times than 'Whiter Shade of Pale' - nobody quote me on that one!). One of the lyrics in the song is 'maybe we're ragged and funny'. Now I would of had 'raggedandfunny' but some other blogger beat me to the punch, so opted for 'araggedandfunny.blogspot'. As for the meaning behind my blog name, that's for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment